Wisconsinites have a unique way to support organ, tissue and eye donation with a Donate Life license plate. Collected funds support efforts to raise awareness and increase the number of registered donors on the state registry.
- Donate Life Wisconsin license plates can feature regular numbers or a personalized message.
- A $25 tax-deductible contribution to Donate Life Wisconsin is required to issue and renew your plates each year, in addition to the regular registration fee. The $25 contribution may be tax deductible if you itemize your income tax returns.
- A $15 issuance fee is required when non‐personalized Donate Life Wisconsin plates are issued.
- A $15 fee is required EACH year in addition to the regular annual registration fee and $25 contribution for personalized plates.
- If the vehicle receiving Donate Life Wisconsin license plates is already titled/registered in your name, complete the vehicle section on form MV2956.
- If the vehicle is not titled in your name, complete the title application form MV1 and form MV2956. Send them with all the required documents and fees to the address on form MV2956.
- Plates may be transferred from an auto to a truck or vice versa upon payment of the full registration fee.
For more information or to obtain forms, visit: http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/drivers/vehicles/personal/special/donatelife.htm